It took me a long time to be able to cook poached eggs properly, now I have them most days for breakfast! I cant believe I used to find it so difficult. I tried cooking them the Heston way, and also with vinegar, but now I do a combination of the two.
So the way I do it:
- Fill a saute pan with cold water, place on hob and turn on the gas
- Crack eggs into small dishes (this removes the hassle of breaking straight into water)
- Now, I put the eggs on to a spoon with small holes in and strain off the dribbly bits of white, return the eggs to the small dishes
- Once water is at a slow boil, I pour in each egg into a different part of the pan
- Put the toast on and make coffee
- Once the toast is done, the eggs are done
How do you cook yours?